I think we all have days when we want to need dinner but there are not all that many ingredients in the fridge to make a decent meal. Today is that day for me. Or should I say it was because I came up with this great, easy and super delicious recipe for chicken with kielbasa. As every respectable Polish person of course I always have onions and kielbasa at hand.
I simply chopped onions, sliced sausage and cut chicken breast in bigger pieces. I started with frying kielbasa until slightly brown. When it was done, I removed it and fried onion until golden and added chopped garlic and fried together for about 45 seconds. I used the remaining sausage fat to fry onion and garlic to make it even more tasty.
Then I removed onions, added a little bit of olive oil and fried chicken for about 5 minutes. Next I put all the ingredients back in the pan and added broth and spices and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. You can add a little bit of corn starch to the sauce to thicken it a bit but it is not necessary.
The last step is adding chopped parsley and voila!
If you tried that recipe and posted a pic or comment use hashtag #EasternEuropeanRecipes I’d love to see how it turned out!
- 1 kielbasa (polish sausage)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of broth
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- salt& pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop onion and garlic, slice sausage, cut chicken breast in pieces.
- Fry sausage until brown. Remove from the pan and fry onion in garlic in the remaining fat and remove from the pan. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and fry chicken breast until done for about 5 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients back in the pan, add broth and spices and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with bread or over rice. Enjoy!