That tomato sauce has only advantages- it is delicious, creamy, easy and fast to make. I used canned tomato sauce as a base which is perfect if you’re looking for a quick addition to your dinner. It is great with gołąbki, stuffed peppers or baked vegetables.
I diced onions and fried it on a tablespoon of olive oil until golden. At the end I added garlic and sugar.
Then I simply added a can of a ready tomato sauce, red wine, tomato paste and spices and simmered in for 10 minutes.
If you tried that recipe and posted a pic or comment use hashtag #EasternEuropeanRecipes I’d love to see how it turned out!
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
- Dice onions and fry them on butter until golden. Add sugar and garlic for the last minute.
- Add tomato sauce, wine, tomato paste, salt, pepper and herbs and simmer for 10 minutes.
- You can sprinkle fresh basil on top. Enjoy!