Today’s recipe is a perfect fall side dish. I love all vegetables in general but when it starts getting cold out I like to swap my salad for roasted or baked vegetables. Baked brussels sprouts in balsamic honey garlic sauce, sprinkled with sea salt are one of the most delicious sides there are. I think part of it is because I am kind of addicted to balsamic vinegar, I put it on everything I can. Brussels sprouts come out crunchy and still keep their great nutty flavor. It is super easy to make too, you just cut them in half, spice, throw in the oven and relax. This recipe is very basic, but delicious, which you can of course make more fun by adding for example bacon or roast it together with red onions.
I started with washing brussels sprouts and patting them dry. Then I cut off the stem and cut them each in half lengthwise.
I mixed honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder and pepper.
I placed all halved brussels sprouts in a bowl and mixed them with the sauce until coated evenly.
I placed them in a baking pan and baked them at 375 F for about 30- 40 minutes until crunchy and golden.
Finally, I sprinkled them with sea salt.
If you tried this recipe and posted a pic or a comment use hashtag #EasternEuropeanRecipes I’d love to see how it turned out!
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash brussels sprouts, pat them dry, cut off the stem and cut them in half.
- In a bowl mix all sauce ingredients but sea salt.
- Mix brussels sprouts with sauce until coated evenly and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 30-40 minutes or until crunchy and golden and sprinkle with sea salt.