Super crunchy, fresh and extremely easy cucumber, tomato salad is a perfect addition to any dinner. I’m going to be perfectly honest with you, I chopped my cucumber and onion and was planning on mizeria salad but I figured I will try something new. All sorts of cucumber, onion and/or tomato salads, usually with sour cream dressing, are very popular in Eastern Europe but since I wanted something different I swapped it for simple yet delicious olive oil and lemon juice dressing and added some chopped celery and sprinkled fresh parsley on top and that was a great success. Crazy easy, very healthy and cheap on top of it all. This salad is everything.
I chopped a tomato, cucumber, parsley and onion and sliced celery stalks. In a little bowl I mixed olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dried oregano and basil. You can go ahead and add your favorite spices.
I mixed all ingredients together. Let sit for 10 minutes, got everything ready for my dinner in the meantime, and served. It’s that easy! Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe and posted a pic or a comment use hashtag #EasternEuropeanRecipes I’d love to see how it turned out!
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Chop tomato, onion, cucumber and parsley in little pieces. Slice celery stalks.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Mix all ingredients together. Let sit for 10 minutes. Enjoy!