Meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs is a family recipe that is made a lot both by my and my husband’s Christopher’s family. The similarities between the food we consumed as kids are striking! And mind you I grew up in Poland and he in Chicago with his mom family coming from Ukraine. We would make this meatloaf stuffed with hard-boiled eggs for Easter or just an everyday dinner. Some people cover it with ketchup but I used my husband’s grandma’s trick and covered it with bacon slices which adds great flavor, I think we can all agree everything is better with bacon, and prevents meatloaf from getting dry. It’s just delicious! Very simple ingredients create a very rich complex flavor. This meatloaf is satisfying, delicate and very easy and fast to make. This recipe is a winner and we will definitely use it a lot.
I mixed together ground pork, breadcrumbs, raw eggs, parsley, paprika, marjoram, salt, pepper and finely chopped onion.
I used my hands to combine it together.
In a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (not necessary but helps with the cleanup) and slightly greased I place half of the meat mixture and form a flat meatloaf shape.
In the middle I lined 5 peeled hard-boiled eggs.
I cover the eggs with the rest of meat texture and form a meatloaf.
Finally, I cut 5 bacon slices in half and put them on top of the meatloaf.
I baked the meatloaf at 350 F for about an hour. It’s great with barbecue sauce on the side too. Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe and posted a pic or a comment use hashtag #EasternEuropeanRecipes I’d love to see how it turned out!
- 5 hardboiled eggs + 3 raw eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 lb of ground pork
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of marjoram
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 5 bacon slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl mix ground pork, chopped parsley, finely chopped onion, 3 raw eggs, breadcrumbs, paprika, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- In a cooking pan place a half of the meat mixture and form a flat meatloaf.
- Arrange peeled, hard-boiled eggs in the middle of the meat mixture and cover with the rest of the meat. Form a meatloaf.
- Cover the meatloaf with bacon slices cut in half.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Slice and serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!